Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose (HPMC)(HPMC) is a non-ionic cellulose ether obtained by a series of chemical treatments using pure cotton as a raw material.
It is mainly used in the construction industry in the composition of: waterproof putties, steel-filled putties, masonry mortars, dry mortars.
Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (HPMC) has
1) good water-retaining effect,
2) improves mortar adhesion,
3) Overcomes common mortar laying problems - flaking and craters
4) Reduces cost,
5) has a significant thickening effect,
6) improves the structure and performance of the solution,
7) has a certain retarding effect, which can improve both the working time of the solution and its plasticity (ability to take the desired shape).